Rooney International Coach Hire Ltd
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally
or in writing. The Conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer act on behalf of all the passengers travelling. If the hirer is a company, group etc an individual must be named as a responsible person. The Hirer is responsible for all actions and decisions of the passengers on board including any additional costs incurred, whether or not they travel with the party. The Company can only except instructions from the hirer. If the hirer is not travelling a representative must be chosen and the company informed prior to the hire.
2. BELFAST EXPRESS SERVICE & ORGANSIED EVENTS
Rooney International Coach Hire Ltd is committed to providing safe and reliable service. However on occasion services advertised may not run as planned due to outside factors beyond the companies control, such as unpredictable delays caused by traffic congestion, road works, diversions and adverse weather conditions.
All times will be updated on the web site first. If travelling with us to an advertised event please make sure you check the web site on the day of departure for exact times and pick up locations.
Belfast Express service does not operate on Bank Holidays
Quotations are given on the bases of information provided by the hirer. The route used is at the discretion of the company, unless particularly specified by the hirer, in which case it will be clearly shown on the confirmation.
All quotes are only valid for 14days from issue.
Unless otherwise stated, quotations are given for coach and driver only.
Other charges such as admission and parking charges are not included.
4. PRICE GUARANTEED
The quoted cost of a coach hire is guaranteed providing that the payment
schedule for the hire is adhered to and the original structure of the hire is not
altered. However, we cannot guarantee the price of third party suppliers
especially such suppliers outside of the United Kingdom where prices
fluctuate according to currency changes and levies. We will identify in our
booking confirmation if we anticipate that third party suppliers will be used.
5. CANCELLATION FEES
Should you require to cancel your booking, you should telephone us with the
cancellation and then follow this up in writing. Our cancellation charges are
as shown in the table below:
TABLE OF CHARGES FOR CANCELLATION
Period before departure within Amount of cancellation shown as
which written notice is received percentage of the total hire cost
Less than 7 days Loss of Deposit only
but not more than 24 hours OF THE HIRE
Less than 24 hours 100% OF THE TOTAL COST
OF THE HIRE
6. CANCELLATION BY US
In the event of any emergency, force majeure event or action by you to vary
the agreed terms of the coach hire booking unilaterally, we may, by returning
all monies paid and without further or other liability, cancel the contract.
7. ROUTE OR TIME VARIATIONS
We reserve the right to make an additional charge for any additional mileage
or time incurred over and above that agreed in the hire. Any additional
charges will be commensurate with the costs incurred by us.
The vehicle will depart at times agreed with you and it is your responsibility to
account for all passengers at these times. We will not accept any
responsibility for any losses incurred by passengers who fail to follow your
The hours agreed for your coach hire booking must be observed (other than
in the case of serious emergency or diversion) so that current regulations
governing driver’s hours and rest periods may be complied with. Under no
circumstances will we allow your coach hire to exceed these regulated hours.
8. USE OF THE VEHICLE
Unless we have agreed otherwise in writing in advance, the vehicle should
not be assumed to remain at any point between the outward and return
journey nor to remain available for your incidental use when parked at such points.
9. PASSENGER CONDUCT
In the interest of other passengers, no musical instruments, radios and/or
other audio devices shall be played without the company’s permission. Such
permission shall be shown on the confirmation, where agreed.
It is strictly forbidden for any person to carry or consume drugs of any
description except where such drugs are legally available over the counter
without prescription or are prescribed by a doctor. You may be required to
produce medical evidence especially when leaving or entering countries.
The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passenger whose
conduct is in breach of statutory regulations or is abusive to any person may
be removed on the driver’s authority. You will be held responsible for the
conduct of passengers and for any damage caused to the vehicle by
passengers during the hire. We will not accept liability for damage or loss to
any passenger entering or leaving the coach whilst in motion.
Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried or consumed on a
vehicle without our permission. It is also illegal to carry or consume alcoholic
drinks on a coach proceeding to or from designated sporting events and
permission cannot be given in this case. Other than on a vehicle fitted
expressly for the purpose, food and drink, except for small items of
confectionery (such as sweets and chocolate) may not be consumed on the
vehicle without our prior agreement or with the permission of the driver.
No animals (other than guide dogs and hearing dogs notified to us in
advance) may be carried on any vehicle without our prior written agreement.
No bill, poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle without our prior
10. SEATING CAPACITY
We will at the time of confirming your hire confirm the seating capacity of the
vehicle to be supplied. No more than the maximum number of passengers
indicated may be carried on each vehicle.
11. VEHICLE TO BE PROVIDED
Whilst every effort shall be made to supply a Rooney International coach hire Ltd Executive or Standard coach sometimes such vehicles become unavoidably unavailable. In such cases, we shall supply the highest standard of vehicle available to us at the time, including those of other operators, for all or part of the hire. We
reserve the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified at no extra
charge unless any additional seats are used, in which case an additional pro
rata charge will be made.
12. BREAKDOWNS & DELAYS
We give advice on journey times in good faith but we cannot guarantee the
completion of any journey at a specific time and will not be liable for loss or
inconvenience caused by breakdown, traffic congestion or other delays outside our control
13. CHANGES TO ITINERARY
From time to time, Rooney International Coach hire Ltd may have to change certain aspects of the given itinerary. Wherever possible, such changes shall be notified to you in advance.
14. PASSENGER’S PROPERTY
All vehicles listed are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory
safety reasons. The driver has full discretion as to carriage of passengers’
luggage and its storage. Generally, one suitcase plus one small piece of
hand baggage per person will be accommodated. We do not accept liability
for any damage to or loss of any property which belongs to passengers and is
left in the vehicle. All articles of lost property recovered from a vehicle will be
held at the depot at which the vehicle is based for three months and will then
15. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
We can normally agree amicably the few complaints that we receive. Should
you have any reason to complain during the hire, you should firstly notify the
driver or our representative who will endeavour to rectify the problem for you.
If that matter cannot be rectified to your satisfaction, details of the complaint
should be made in writing within 14 days of the hire to:
Rooney International Coach Hire Ltd
30 Newry Road
We will acknowledge all complaints within 14 days and will normally reply
within 28 days.
ANNUAL TRAVEL SCHEME
Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions are applicable to the register under the Travel Scheme operated by Rooney International Coach Hire Limited (“RICHL”) T/a Eamonn Rooney Coaches for certain issued commuter bus tickets (the Annual Travel Card) and shall be known as the “Terms and Conditions”.
- The user agrees to register as a participant in our Annual Travel Scheme by completing the Registration form.
- The participant will notify RICHL before the 15th of the month in which the annual contract is due to expire if a participant wishes to opt out of the Annual Travel Scheme at the time of renewal. If notification is communicated to RICHL after the end of the 14th of the month in which the annual contract is due to expire then the participant will be invoiced for the following month’s travel and for each subsequent month thereafter up to the next annual renewal date for this named participant. Invoices are issued by RICHL on the 15th of each month. Notification of “opting out” must therefore be issued in writing to RICHL before the close of business on the 14th of the month before each employee’s respective annual renewal date. If the 14th is not a business working day (Monday – Friday), then by the end of the previous business working day.
- RICH will decide whether a participant has experienced a legitimate “Lifestyle Event”. Lifestyle Events include (list is not exhaustive):-
- Employment Termination (including Dismissal)
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption leave
- Moving home – change of location
- Change of working hours
- Disability or Long-term illness
- Long term leave
- The participant must notify RICHL of any “Lifestyle Events” taking place before the 15th of the month preceding the upcoming Lifestyle Event. If notification is not communicated to RICHL before the 15th of the preceding month RICHL will invoice the participant for the following month’s travel. Invoices are issued by RICHL on the 15th of each month. Notification of a “lifestyle event” must therefore be issued in writing to RICHL before the close of business on the 14th of each month. If the 14th is not a business working day (Monday – Friday), then by the end of the previous business working day.
- advising that they have the option to opt-out at this stage but must notify RICHL before the stated deadline for the opting-out to be effective.
- advising that a new 12-month Annual Travel Card will be issued if the participant chooses not to opt out before the stated deadline.
- will notify the RICH should any participant wish to opt-out.
- shall not be liable for any delay or interruption to, or cancellation of, bus services, including any consequential loss arising therefrom whether or not such delay, interruption or cancellation is caused by any reason beyond our control. Our bus services may be subject to alteration or cancellation and we reserve the right to vary the times of bus services operated.
- The participant acknowledges that only bus tickets under the Annual Travel Scheme are available for purchase from RICHL.
- The participant agrees to pay in full: –
- for all annual financial subsidies on presentation of an RICHL invoice and
- for all Annual Travel cards purchased by the participant under the Annual Travel Scheme, in accordance with the applicable payment terms as discussed.
- Payment methods acceptable to RICHL are as follows:
- Direct Debit: Payment in full is taken from the nominated bank account within 5-14 days from the date of order – the Employer must complete a direct debit mandate in favour of RICHL,
- Cheque or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Credit Card: Payment in full is made at time of order,
- In all instances payments must be received (and cleared) before commencement of the incoming calendar month of travel for each participant otherwise travel of the participant under the Scheme will be refused and the participant will have to purchase a valid bus ticket.
- The currency of payment shall be pounds sterling (STG£).
- The participant agrees that RICHL can withdraw the Travel Card and can deny travel for any participant where payment in full has not been received under the Annual Travel Scheme in accordance with our payment terms.
- The participant agrees and acknowledges that tickets issued pursuant to the Annual Travel Scheme are subject to the applicable terms and conditions of carriage, bye-laws, notices and regulations applicable.
- RICHL shall comply with the applicable provisions of the Data Protection Legislation.
- The participant acknowledges that RICHL may increase the price of tickets on any given route or service, at any time, and the participant agrees to pay such increased amount(s) in respect of the purchase of such annual commuter tickets under the Annual Travel Scheme or where tickets have already been ordered but not yet paid.
- The participant acknowledges that Annual Travel cards are non-transferable and are specific to a participant for a specific point to point commuter route for whom they are purchased, and the participant covenants and undertakes to procure compliance with this condition.
- If a participant Annual Travel card is lost, stolen or damaged the participant needs to contact RICHL immediately and complete a short form to obtain a new card. We will post a replacement card to the participant as soon as possible. In the meantime, the participant needs to pay for any bus journeys made and RICHL will refund the cost of these tickets to the participant for journeys made from the time they reported to us their card lost, stolen or damaged.
- RICHL will charge an administration fee of £5 to replace a lost, stolen or damaged Annual Travel card.
- Refunds: All refunds/credits are purely at the discretion of RICHL.
- Misuse of any tickets issued under the Annual Travel Scheme will be deemed as violating the applicable terms and conditions of carriage and bye-laws applicable as the case may be and render the misused ticket subject to confiscation.
- RICHL shall not be liable for any delay or interruption to, or cancellation of, bus services, including any consequential loss arising therefrom whether or not such delay, interruption or cancellation is caused by any reason beyond their control.
- Bus services operated by RICHL may be subject to alteration or cancellation and the company reserves the right to vary the times of bus services operated.
- RICHL may terminate the Annual Travel Scheme at any time forthwith by notice in writing where (a) any Travel cards furnished remain unpaid or (b) the participant is in breach of these Terms and Conditions